Motor oil is like lifeblood for the engines of the car for internal combustion. The engine of internal combustion will never run for more than a few minutes without the use of motor oil. When there is no motor oil, the car will seize up after a few minutes and not be able to run its function.
Now, the main purpose of write this article is about will a car start without oil? The answer will surely surprise you. Every time the engine of the car is started, it does not need engine oil.
All models of cars easily start without having the engine oil in their engines. This article will help you more to gain knowledge about the engine oil and also start a car without oil is possible.
Main Objectives of Motor Oil:
The main purpose of motor oil is the lubrication in the engine so that oil reaches to all critical points of lubrication. But there are also many other important functions that are done by using motor oil.
1. Motor oil has a quality of protection against corrosion. The engine’s internal parts have more chances of rust and oxidation because those internal parts are revealed to oxygen and acids. The motor oil is packed with inhibitors of corrosion and rust that avoid the process of oxidation and also prolong the life of the engine.
2. Motor oil also plays an important role to reduce the friction. The engine has internal metallic parts that are in direct contact with each other. Motor oil has characteristics of a fluid film that play the role of a barrier between the engine’s internal parts. This will help to minimize the direct contact of internal parts and thus it reduces the friction.
3. The oil in the engine maintains the internal cleanliness of oil. It traps the contaminants and also prevents that contaminants from attaching to internal components.
4. When the oil in the engine reduces the friction, it will definitely not create heat in the internal parts of the engine. Thus, the overall temperature in the engine is lower. Moreover, engine oil has the quality of absorbing heat into itself.
5. The rings of the piston and the walls of the cylinder will never be smooth and so motor oil comes to maximize the horsepower.
6. The engine oil has characteristics of shock dampening. It is most capable to easily cushion the mechanical shock. The engine oil easily absorbs the energy spikes. Due to this shock dampening quality of engine oil, the life of the internal components of the engine will prolong.
7. Motor oil is the best medium of transfer of energy and it cannot be compressed.
What If there’s No Oil in Car:
When there is no oil in the engine of the car, the engine will stop and not running anymore. The metal-to-metal contact of the internal parts of the car’s engine from a thin oil film is separated due to not having motor oil. This will cause friction and produce heat in the engine.
The internal parts of the car’s system include main bearings, piston rings and the cylinder walls. These internal parts will grind against each other and this will create more internal friction.
The internal friction will produce more heat and it will definitely heat up the car’s engine. Moreover, the coolant is also boiled and it will cause the reason for steaming.
When there is no motor oil, the heat and friction will fast increase. This friction heat is increased and increased until the piston and the walls of the car’s cylinder will cross the limit of high temperature.
In this way, both the piston and walls of the cylinder will fuse them and make the running of the engine stop. So, it is clear that the car will start without oil but oil is essential and necessary for the running of the car’s engine.
How long engine will run with no oil?
The engine of the car is easily started without the oil in the engine. Now the question is arising how long the engine will run with no oil. The answer to this question is that the running of the engine without oil depends on the many different factors. Sometimes the engine will stop suddenly and sometimes the engine will stop gradually.
In most of the cars, the engine will run with no oil for a minimum of 15 minutes. The car will start without oil and still running for at least 15 minutes. However, there are also such cases in which the engine will easily run for a few hours and until the engine stop and not working anymore.
How will a car start without oil?
The engine of the car always starts without having oil for minimum few seconds. The oil used in the engine is a viscous liquid. This engine oil takes time to reach all critical points of lubrication.
When the engine of a car is started, the warning light of oil pressure stays on for just a few seconds. The warning light also stays on even if the engine is running.
This is because the system of lubrication takes time to create oil pressure. If motor oil has not reached to all points of lubrication, the warning light stays on. On cold days, this process takes more time to reach the oil to all lubrication points.
This is generally a normal process of the engine. This is the reason why most of the engines stop during the starting minutes of the running of the engine. To avoid this condition of the car’s engine, let the engine warm up a little and then run the engine for driving.
Motor oil is essential for the internal combustion of engines. The engines of the car will surely start without engine oil in it. Every time, the car engines start without oil before the engine needs the required pressure of oil. But without engine oil, the car will not run last long and the car will just run for just a few minutes.