Side steps are a product that can be used on a car for extra protection or for added traction, as well as being practical in many other ways. If you need to replace your current side steps, this article will show you how to install side steps on ram 1500.
How to install side steps on ram 1500
If you’re looking to add some extra style and convenience to your RAM 1500, side steps are a great way to do it. Side steps not only improve the look of your truck, but they can also increase your safety while you’re driving.
- To install side steps on your RAM 1500, you’ll first need to remove the existing Steps. There are typically two screws that hold the Steps in place and require a Phillips head screwdriver to remove. Once the screws are removed, simply lift up the Steps and set them aside.
- Next, you’ll need to remove the two bolts that secure the front of the Step to the frame of the truck. These bolts are typically located near the middle of each Step. To remove them, use a socket wrench and ratchet to turn them counter-clockwise until they free from their sockets.
- Once both bolts are removed, it’s time to install the new Steps. Place one Step on either side of the truck and position it so that the bolt holes line up with those on the Step. Bolt it in place using the two original bolts that were removed earlier. Repeat this process on the other side of the truck.
The Benefits of the Side Steps on Your Ram 1500
Installing side steps on your Ram 1500 can provide a number of benefits. Not only will they add style and convenience to your truck, but they can also help to improve your safety.
- Side steps are a great way to protect yourself when you are driving. They provide a barrier between you and the curb, which can prevent you from being hit by someone walking or driving on the sidewalk.
- Side steps are also a great way to keep your truck clean. They make it easy to reach under the truck without having to get down on the ground. This makes it easy to clean under the truck without having to get off of your vehicle.
- If you are looking for a way to improve your safety and convenience, then side steps are the perfect option for you.
Installation Instructions for the Side Steps on Your Ram 1500
If you’re looking to add some extra style and functionality to your Ram 1500, you should consider installing side steps. Side steps can help improve your safety while you’re driving, and they can also add a touch of luxury to your truck.
There are a few different ways to install side steps on your Ram 1500. This guide will walk you through the installation process for the easiest way to install side steps.
Before you start installing side steps, make sure that you have the following supplies:
- Ram 1500 side steps
- Heavy duty drill
- 1 inch hole saw
- 12 inch long screws
- Lug nut wrench
- Tape measure
- Cordless drill with bit size appropriate for drilling into metal
- High quality wire brush
To begin, remove the seat cover and trim piece located underneath the van. You will need to remove these items in order to have enough room to attach the side steps. Next, remove the two screws holding down the lower part of the cargo area cover. Once these screws are removed, lift up the cargo area cover. You will now be able to access the mounting brackets that are located on either side of the van.
Warnings and Precautions
- Before you start installation, be sure to read all the warnings and precautions that come with the side steps. This will help to ensure a safe and successful installation.
- Always use the correct equipment when installing side steps. Improper use of tools can lead to serious injury or even death.
- Use proper lifting techniques when installing the side steps onto your ram. If you don’t use the correct lifting technique, you could cause damage to your ram and side steps.
- Remember to clean up any debris that falls from the side steps after installation is complete. This will help keep your ram looking its best and protect it from dirt, dust, and other debris.
- Always be sure to read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions when installing side steps on your ram.
What not to do when installing side steps
When installing side steps on a ram, it is important to be careful not to do any of the following:
- Bolt the steps too tight to the ram. This can damage the ram or cause it to fall off
- Use screws that are too large or too long. They will likely protrude from the ram and be difficult to remove later
- Damage the ram’s paint or finish
Side steps can be a great way to improve your truck’s look and safety. If you’re looking to add some extra style and safety to your truck, side steps are a good option. Side steps can provide a safe entry and exit for you and your passengers, as well as improve the look of your truck. To install side steps on a Ram, first remove the factory steps. Then, measure the height of the existing steps and order the correct step from our website. Next, remove the old step and install the new step in its place. Finally, reinstall the factory steps.
FAQS for how to install side steps on ram 1500
How can I remove the side steps from my truck?
Remove the bolts holding the step to the floor. Then, pull the step up and out of the way.
How can I get the step back in?
Put the step back in by inserting the bolt holes in the step into the holes in the floor of your truck.
What should I do if the bolts break off?
Don’t worry about it. The bolts are not supposed to break off.